Thursday 17 March 2011

Two loves I have, of comfort and despair,

    Two loves I have, of comfort and despair,  That like two spirits do suggest me still;  My better angel is a man right fair,  My worser spirit a woman colour'd ill.  To win me soon to hell, my female evil  Tempteth my better angel from my side,  And would corrupt my saint to be a devil,  Wooing his purity with her fair pride.  And whether that my angel be turn'd fiend.  Suspect I may, yet not directly tell:  For being both to me, both to each friend.  I guess one angel in another's hell:  The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt,  Till my bad angel fire my good one out.
    - The Passionate Pilgrim II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com