Thursday 17 March 2011

Two loves I have, of comfort and despair,

    - The Passionate Pilgrim II

    Two loves I have, of comfort and despair, 
     That like two spirits do suggest me still; 
     My better angel is a man right fair, 
     My worser spirit a woman colour'd ill. 
     To win me soon to hell,my female evil
      Tempteth my better angel from my side,
      And would corrupt my saint to be a devil, 
    Wooing his purity with her fair pride. 
     And whether that my angel be turn'd fiend.
      Suspect I may, yet not directly tell: 
     For being both to me, both to each friend. 
    I guess one angel in another's hell: 
    The truth I shall not know, but live in doubt, 
    Till my bad angel fire my good one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com